Monday, March 22, 2010

TRUCE

I am declaring a unilateral truce here. If others do not that is their choice. I have been away from the computer, for the most part, for the last few days and will not be back home until tomorrow morning.

This time away and the reason for my absence has given me a lot of time to think and reflect. I began to see this debate going down a dark road and this has made me not only unhappy but quite angry.

There has been a gradual drawing into this debate, the sons and daughters of those who are part of this disagreement and I feel this is quite wrong. There is no reason why the children should be made to suffer for the actions of the adults around them.

This business with SBD was the last straw. I do not know who it was that brought his son into this or why. I have been given documentation as to who is suspected but I have decided not to go into the who or why.

I will say it is an incredibly selfish and mean spirited thing to do. I do not care how angry I am at SBD, the why his son's memory was treated was uncalled for. This has to stop and stop now.

I have decided that some things I had meant to comment about in regards to SBD, I am going to shelve. My quest for the truth is not worth what has happened over this weekend. 

This trip has enlightened me as to the true direction I need to be going in and SBD is not part of that. 

If he feels like going after me, that is up to him. My concession is the payment of the debt he is owed for being made to suffer the most painful loss a father can suffer, the loss of his son. I know that pain all too well and do not wish to add to it.

Everyone on all sides need to pause and rethink their comments from here on. Let us keep the children and innocent bystanders out of this.

My prayers go out to SBD, his wife and his family. I also add my regrets for my contribution to this episode.

MURT